I have been asked a number of time by prospective clients why should I hire the Law Offices of Dan Samas to fight my ticket in a situation where the ticket amount is less than the cost of attorney representation.
Here are the facts based in a study published in 2020 by Forbes Forbes Article How Much Will My Insurance Go Up. The list shows 20 violations that will increase your insurance premiums the most along with the average ANNUAL dollar and percentage increase. In WA state moving violations are listed on driving records made available to insurance companies for at least 3 years. Therefore, for WA moving violations you can take the amounts listed below and multiply by 3 or more for an estimate of the true cost. Keep in mind that these figures do not take into account the cost of ticket itself. If you hire the Law Offices of Dan Samas and your ticket ends up being dismissed, you save that cost as well.
Moving Violation and Average ANNUAL Increase
- Hit and run: $1,212 (78.3%)
- Racing: $1,131 (73.1%)
- Driving under the influence: $1,100 (71.0%)
- Refusing a breathalyzer: $1,080 (69.8%)
- Driving with a suspended license: $1,044 (67.4%)
- Reckless driving: $1,038 (67.0%)
- Open container of alcohol: $537 (34.7%)
- Operating a vehicle without permission: $481 (31.1%)
- Speeding 21-25 mph over the limit: $461 (29.7%)
- Passing a school bus: $441 (28.5%)
- Speeding in a 65 mph zone: $428 (27.6%)
- Tailgating: $395 (25.5%)
- Speeding 16-20 mph over the limit: $386 (24.9%)
- Improper passing: $385 (24.8%)
- Wrong way/wrong lane: $383 (24.7)
- Speeding (all violations): $379 (24.5%)
- Illegal turn: $368 (23.8%)
- Failure to yield: $364: (23.5%)
- Failure to stop at red light: $362 (23.3%)
- Texting while driving: $358 (23.1%)
Hiring an experienced traffic ticket attorney to fight your ticket can actually save you hundreds if not thousands of dollars, so don’t just look at the potential penalty listed on your ticket.
If you received a ticket that you are determined to fight, give me a call for a free consultation or visit my site www.seattletrafficandspeedingtickets.us I promise that I will work hard to help you.
As an experienced traffic ticket attorney, my client’s metro Seattle traffic tickets often are dismissed. If your traffic ticket is not dismissed, the Law Offices of Dan Samas can often arrange for a reduction to a non-moving violation so the ticket will not increase your insurance rates.
Dan Samas has been an attorney since 1995 and has represented thousands of motorists in traffic ticket cases. He has helped Metro Seattle drivers avoid auto insurance premium increases, missed work, and travel expenses since they don’t have to go to court themselves
All information contained herein is provided for the purpose of providing basic information only and should not be construed as formal legal advice. The authors disclaim any and all liability resulting from reliance upon such information. You are strongly encouraged to seek professional legal advice before relying upon any of the information contained herein. Legal advice should be sought directly from a properly retained lawyer or attorney. Each situation is different, so prior results should not create an expectation of the results of your case. We do not guarantee a specific result in any case. Unless otherwise stated, the information on this site is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.